or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fun lessons for beginners and intermediates.
At my studio in S.E. Portland or in your home.
- Sight reading
- Aural skills
- And more
I currently play in three bands around town as a pianist/guitarist/vocalist and accordion player. My true passion is composition and I am constantly writing and recording new music. I hope to pass on my love and knowledge of music to the people I teach.
- University of Oregon School of Music, 1999-2002, Bachelor of Music pursued
- Private piano instruction, 1989-2003
- Piano Syllabus, through level 10
- Piano Guild, through level 9
- Piano Teacher, Private lessons, 1998-1999 and 2009-2010
- Recording Studio Internship, Mark Ellsworth of Behind the Curtain Studios, 2009-2011
- Band Member, High School Orchestra and Jazz Band, Aloha High School, 1995-1999
- Band Leader, Spinning Wheels, Local Experimental Rock Band, 2006-2010
- Mark Ellsworth, Recording Engineer, (503) 329-1288
- Nate Bech, Composer/Guitar Instructor, B.M. University of Oregon, (503) 308-3441
- Alex Tomaino, Composer, Guitar Instructor, (971) 219-8019
- Pro Tools, Sound Engineering, Live Sound, Music Composition, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals, Synths
John’s staunch belief that everyone can play music is a great asset to both teacher and student. He helped me build confidence in my ability as a beginning piano student. He’s clearly talented and vastly knowledgeable, but he doesn’t have a trace of snootiness. He’s completely down-to-earth, friendly, and relatable. He teaches the hell out of music, and makes it an enjoyable experience.
~ Amii Chong
John’s extensive knowledge of music, creativity, patience and belief that everyone has an ability to play and create beautiful music makes him a gifted music teacher. He is flexible in his approach and committed to building confidence and love for music in his students. My 10 year old daughter has really enjoyed working with John and continues to improve in her skills. Definitely recommend him!
Examples of my playing…
A collection of my piano and synth compositions…
Learn to play the synthesizer!
- Pure data
- And more